Mike heads the Property Department at Mercers and specialises in commercial property.
Areas of specialism with over 30 years of experience include: –
- Public houses and hotels – sales, purchases, lettings and related documentation and acting for a regional pub company amongst other clients in the sector
- Sales and purchases of investment portfolios including multi-let properties
- Acting for pension funds and trustees
- Drafting and advising on security documentation for both lenders and borrowers
- Acquisition of property for development and set up of development schemes
- Drafting and advising on promotion agreements and option agreements including overage provisions, deferred payments, and security
- Drafting, advising on and negotiating commercial leases and related documents
- Advising on title matters, covenants, and easements
Mike qualified as a solicitor in 1986 after graduating in law and undertaking Accountancy training. He worked as a solicitor in a firm in central Leeds on qualification before moving to the South East and joining Mercers in 1989. He became a partner in 1991 and undertook and successfully completed an executive MBA in 2010.
What clients say about Mike
Very happy, Mike had the patience to go through the legal language, so we understood exactly what was meant.
Thanks for all your hard work in completing our sale. All very professionally completed, as usual.
Mike was excellent, responsive and thorough.
An excellent duty of care demonstrated.
– Mr. E of Oxfordshire